|Before attaching the wood shingles, galvanized iron or aluminum flashing is placed over No. 30 asphalt saturated felt underlayment in the roof valley(s). Two layers of roll roofing can be used as flashing also. Make sure the flashing extends 8 to 12 inches (200 to 300 mm) on each side of the valley. Cut one of the long edges of the shingle at an angle that is parallel to the valley centreline. Shingles are then placed over the flashing.|
Sheathing With Plywood Panels.
2. Shingling Roofs With Wood Shingles (Overhang).
3. Shingling Roofs With Wood Shingles (Sidelap).
4. Shingling Roof Hips With Wood Shingles.
5. Shingling Roof Open Valleys With Wood Shingles.
6. Chimney And Dormer Flashing, And Chimney Saddle.
7. Shingling Roofs With Asphalt Shingles.
Basic Construction And Carpentry Techniques Home