tiles are measured and cut by the following method. A potential
border tile is put squarely on the last tile placed before the
border. Another tile is
placed over the potential border tile and butted
against a spacer located between the tile and the wall. The
spacer has the width of the clearance. If a spacer is not used,
the tile is butted directly
against the wall and is then moved away from the wall along the lower
by the amount of clearance. The potential border tile in both
cases is marked and cut,
and the cut piece farthest from the wall is placed into the border
|1. Floor Tile Subfloor And
2. Locations Of Perpendicular Centre Lines To Position Floor Tiles.
3. Layouts For An Even And Odd Number Of Floor Tiles.
4. Floor Tile Border Width Calculations.
5. Floor Tile Installation Sequence.
6. Measuring And Cutting Floor Border Tiles.
Basic Construction And Carpentry Techniques Home